22 January 2015

Who's First in the Shower?




I don't know about your house, but in ours, there's usually an argument when I ask "who's first in the shower?"  The discussion usually goes like this:

ME: Who's first in the shower?
BOTH GIRLS: Me!
BOTH GIRLS: But you were first last night!
BOTH GIRLS: No I wasn't!!
BOTH GIRLS: Yes you were!
BOTH GIRLS: MUM!!!
ME: I honestly don't care.  If you guys can't decide, you're going to bed without a shower.
BOTH GIRLS:  more arguing and yelling
ME: feeling a strong desire to rip my hair out

OK, I know this doesn't rate terribly highly on the "most important things that go on in my house" list, but it does drive me nuts.  So I came up with a solution.



I whipped up a quick chart in PowerPoint using some patterned digital scrapbooking paper, a yellow duck clipart and a couple of boxes with the girls names typed in them.  I laminated the paper, and used self-adhesive velcro dots to stick the names to the sign.





This sign now lives on the wall in the bathroom, next to the shower.  When the first girl gets into the shower, we swap the names around ready for tomorrow.  Since I made this we have had virtually no arguments about who is first in the shower.

As always, I'm happy to share with people out there.  If you are having the same frustrating arguments every night and would like a copy of this document, just send me an email at randomcraftingadventures[at]gmail[dot]com or leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment